- The White House on Wednesday sent a formal threat to John Bolton to prevent him from publishing his upcoming tell-all book, reports say.
- The former national security adviser’s book, titled „The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,“ is expected to undermine President Donald Trump’s impeachment defense.
- This move comes as Trump and his allies are lashing out at Bolton, characterizing him as part of a „deep state“ dead set on ousting the president.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The White House on Wednesday formally threatened former national security adviser John Bolton to prevent him from publishing his tell-all book, „The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir.“
Details about the threat were not immediately available.
This move comes hours after President Donald Trump lashed out at Bolton in a flurry of tweets. He deemed the memoir „nasty & untrue“ and alleged that „we would be in World War Six by now,“ if he had paid heed to Bolton’s advice.
The New York Times on Sunday reported that Bolton’s book, slated for release in March, contradicts the foundation of Trump’s defense against impeachment because it says that the president categorically linked Ukraine’s military aid to requests for investigations into political rivals.
Republicans are mulling over whether to call Bolton to testify in the Senate impeachment trial.
The White House told CNN it had no comment, while Bolton and Simon and Schuster, the book’s publisher, did not respond to requests for comment.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
- 6 unangenehme Gespräche über Geld, die ihr im Laufe eures Lebens führen müsst — und wie ihr sie meistert
- Alarmierende Zahlen: Boeings Jet-Debakel erschüttert US-Industrie — und hilft ungewollt europäischem Rivalen
- Eine neue Glassdoor-Funktion lässt euch Gehalt, Karrierechancen und Work-Life-Balance von Unternehmen direkt vergleichen
- Playstation 5: Alle Infos zu Verkaufsstart, Preis, Spielen und technischen Details
- Der Bundesbank-Chef hat eine düstere Prognose für Sparer