- Tennis great Serena Williams shared an emotional Instagram post on Friday revealing what it’s like to be a working mother and a professional athlete.
- She captioned the photo, which showed her holding 2-year-old daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr., in her arms, by saying she is „proud and inspired“ by other working mothers.
- „I’m proud to be this baby’s mama,“ Williams wrote, adding that the photo she shared was unfiltered and „#justme.“
- Williams, who has won 23 major singles titles, has been a longtime champion for gender equality in sports.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Tennis icon Serena Williams shared an emotional, unfiltered Instagram post revealing what it’s like to balance motherhood and a career as a professional athlete.
In a photo shared on Friday, Williams was pictured sitting in a car with her 2-year-old daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr., sleeping in her arms.
„I am not sure who took this picture but Working and being a mom is not easy. I am often exhausted, stressed, and then I go play a professional tennis match. We keep going. I am so proud and inspired by the women who do it day in and day out. I’m proud to be this baby’s mama,“ Williams wrote, adding that the photo was unfiltered and „#justme.“
Williams, who has won 23 major singles titles, has been a champion for women for years and often discusses the realities of being a working mother.
She regularly documents her life off the court with her daughter and husband, Alexis Ohanian.
View this post on Instagram
I am not sure who took this picture but Working and being a mom is not easy. I am often exhausted, stressed, and then I go play a professional tennis match. We keep going. I am so proud and inspired by the women who do it day in and day out. I’m proud to be this baby’s mama @olympiaohanian. #nofilter #nomakeup #nohairbursh lol #justme
„It doesn’t matter whether you’re a team of one or 100,000; if you’re hiring, are you considering hiring moms?“ Williams said in a press release in which she addressed business leaders directly. „Together, we can influence how work gets done and build a better workplace for the future.“
Williams told Insider earlier in February that her daughter and the US Women’s National Soccer Team inspired her to push for gender equality, and even teamed up with Secret deodorant to commission a study into gender bias at all levels of sports.
„They have really been champions and have been using their voices in the biggest of ways. They inspire me,“ Williams said of the USWNT. „Those women are – oh my gosh – I admire them so much, and I look up to them so much. They encourage me to want to continue to fight, and that’s what it’s all about.“
- Read more:
- Serena Williams wants more companies to hire mothers, so she joined a startup that’s making it happen
- Serena Williams credits her daughter and the USWNT for inspiring her renewed efforts to combat gender inequality in sports: ‚They encourage me to want to continue to fight‘
- Tennis superstar Serena Williams and Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian have had a whirlwind few years. Here’s how the power couple met, and everything that’s happened since.
- Serena Williams says she was ‚terrified‘ and ‚overloaded by what to do‘ before having her baby
- 10 Serien, die ihr euch ansehen solltet, wenn euch „Breaking Bad“ gefallen hat
- Coronavirus bremst Wirtschaftsprüfer aus: Unternehmen drohen wegen verspäteter Jahresabschlüsse Strafzahlungen in Millionenhöhe
- 4 Wege, mit einem schlechten Chef oder Mitarbeiter umzugehen, wenn Kündigen keine Option ist
- Weder Wasserstoff- noch E-Auto: Diese 10 internationalen Spitzenpolitiker fahren die umweltschädlichsten Karossen
- Neue Proteste gegen Elon Musks Gigafactory offenbaren die Wut der Brandenburger auf Tesla