- The full cellphone video has been released showing President Donald Trump telling his associated to „take out“ the US Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch.
- The recording was released by the lawyer representing Lev Parnas, a Rudy Giuliani associate.
- In the recording, Parnas can be heard telling Trump to get rid of Yovanovitch, and Trump can be heard responding, „Get rid of her! Get her out tomorrow.“
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A full, nearly 90-minute cellphone video has been released to media outlets showing President Donald Trump telling his associates to „take out“ and „get rid of“ the US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch.
The recording was made during a dinner with donors on April 30, 2018. It was released by the attorney Joseph Bondy, who is representing Lev Parnas, a Soviet-born businessman and associate of Rudy Giuliani.
Bondy said in a tweet he had released the footage „given its importance to our national interest,“ and urged Senate Republicans to „call the witnesses“ in Trump’s impeachment trial.
Here’s a mix of .@realDonaldTrump and Lev Parnas, discussing Ukraine over dinner, and Rick Astley, #NeverGonnaGiveYouUp. Calling on @senatemajldr @LindseyGrahamSC @GOP to vote with integrity and conscience. Call the witnesses. Hear the evidence. Have a fair trial. #LevRemembers pic.twitter.com/EmArvoujgB
— Joseph A. Bondy (@josephabondy) January 25, 2020
ABC News was the first to report on the recording’s existence on Friday.
At one point in the video, roughly 40 minutes in, a man believed to be Parnas can be heard telling Trump to get rid of Yovanovitch, who was „left over from the Clinton administration“ and was „basically walking around telling everybody, ‚Wait, he’s going to get impeached. Just wait.’“
Trump can be heard responding, „Get rid of her! Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. OK? Do it.“
The recording also shows that despite Trump’s insistence that he does not know Parnas and another Giuliani associate Igor Fruman, he spoke openly with both of them during the 2018 dinner.
Watch the full video below:
- Read more:
- The White House is reportedly worried that House Democrats will continue to dig up damaging information on Trump after the impeachment trial
- Democrats are having a field day after Trump’s lawyers accidentally made the strongest case to call witnesses in his impeachment trial
- Day 1 of the Trump defense team’s opening arguments in his impeachment trial was a masterclass in disinformation
- ‚Take her out‘: New recording appears to feature an angry Trump telling associates to ‚get rid of‘ the US’s ambassador to Ukraine after he was told she bad-mouthed him
- Faszinierende Fotos zeigen das „Tor zur Hölle“, einen gigantischen Krater, der seit Jahrzehnten in Flammen steht
- Mehr als vier Millionen Deutsche zahlen den Spitzensteuersatz von 42 Prozent
- „Wir wollen, dass es friedlich bleibt“: Demonstrationen gegen Tesla-Fabrik in Brandenburg werden vorerst ausgesetzt
- Känguru, Löwe, Krokodil: 19 überraschende Tiere, die in Deutschland als Haustiere gehalten werden dürfen
- Elon Musk weist Vorwürfe zum Bau der Gigafactory in Brandenburg zurück